WHAT IS THE INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND SAFETY TRAINING ABOUT?
A career in industrial hygiene and safety is a highly rewarding one in the field of occupational safety and health. Industrial hygienists are key players in the health and safety system of a company as their jobs entails identifying, assessing and implementing effective measures for controlling workplace hazards.
Industrial hygiene involves monitoring and evaluating the extent of workers' exposure to hazards that could affect workers' physical, mental, and social well-being. This Industrial hygiene and safety training will equip you with the knowledge and skills to become a highly competent industrial hygienist.
Time: 10 am - 3 pm daily. Training frame is ergonomically friendly to make your training experience wholesome. We make learning easy and impactful.
Classes are scheduled weekly for a new batch all year round. Feel free to communicate with us and we will align you with our scheduled classes.
CAN I TAKE THIS TRAINING ONLINE?
Yes! Available to those unable to attend classroom training is the online self-study training mode and the instructor led online (Zoom) training mode options.
Introduction to Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health
- What is industrial hygiene and occupational health?
- The Health aspect of Health and Safety
- Identifying health risks to employees and contractors
- Understanding health risk effects on the human body and
- Global strategies and trends
- Syndicate Session: Asbestos and other problems
- Work organisation, work-related stress and well-being
- Thinking about the Culture of the organisation
Organ Structure and Function
- Every breath you take: The lungs and respiratory ill
- Syndicate Session: Respiratory ill health and silica
- Effects of inhaled materials
- Skin deep: Dermatitis and other issues
- Effects of physical agents on major organs
- Biological agents and their effects
- Occupational Health and Corporate Culture – do you
Occupational Health Risks
- Occupational health elements and their health risk
- Occupational diseases and infections
- Occupational toxicology (chemicals, gases, vapors and
- Consideration of COSHH
- Syndicate exercise: Reviewing Controls and staying up
to date (e.g. Welding)
- Musculoskeletal disorders and prevention solutions
- Health effects of light, heat, noise, vibration,
pressure and radiation
- Syndicate Session
Principles of Industrial Hygiene
- Principles of (Health) Risk Assessment
- Syndicate exercise
- Design of exposure measurement surveys and analysis
- Retrospective exposure assessment
- Biological monitoring
- Sampling methods for gases, vapors and aerosols
- Dermal exposure assessment
Occupational Health Management
- Occupational health monitoring and surveillance
- Noise, vibration, thermal and lighting management
- Personal protective equipment and its limitations in
- Understanding Global, Regional and Local Environmental
- Implement an occupational health management program
- Occupational Health and Corporate Culture
- Summary of Course Key Points
N80,000 (Classroom Training)
N65,000 (Online Self-study Training)
N83,000 (Instructor-led Online Training)
Course fee takes care of everything about your registration, training, instructional materials, assessment, certification, (daily lunch for classroom mode of training).
The main requirement for taking this course is a basic understanding of Health and Safety matters.
We deliver training nation-wide as we provide varieties of training options regardless of distance and schedule.
Lagos Training Center: 2nd Floor, Suite 315, 117 Shasha Road Road, Beside Mobil Filling Station, Akowonjo, Lagos.
Abuja Training Center: 2nd Floor, Othni Plaza, Nouakchott Street, Wuse Zone 1 by NDE Office, Abuja.
Budget Friendly and Flexible Payment Plan:
We offer you the convenience of paying in installments as you train with us.
We Are Internationally and Locally Accredited:
Absolute HSE Co. Ltd (HSE Training And Certification Institute) is accredited by the World Safety Organisation (Special Consultative Status To The United Nations ECOSOC) in compliance with ISO/IEC 17024:2012 and International Accrediting Commission For Safety and Environmental Education Training (IACSEET). Certificates issued are recognised and accepted world-wide and ranks well amongst other safety certifications.
Excellent, Experienced and Dedicated Course Instructors:
Our instructors fundamentally possess solid educational background, experience and teaching skills (plus continuing professional development) in the area of training they specialise in and are trained life coaches. Our instructors employ the best training method to ensure easy understanding and an enjoyable training session for you.
Guidance and Access To Job/Internship Opportunities:
We will guide you throughout and even after the training to explore this fulfilling career path.